Subject: How can I use in console codepage different from ANSI and OEM?
From: Alexander Gotlib <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 19:01:43 +0500

Hi there All!

	Subj? For russian language ANSI-codepage is cp1251 (win1251), OEM - cp866 
(dos866). But in unix systems used another one - koi8-r. Koi8-r is de-facto 
standart for E-mail and News messages. Therefore will be good if Cygwin 
console will receive possibility to use some different from "CYGWIN 
codepage=oem" and "CYGWIN codepage=ansi". May be "CYGWIN codepage=none"?

P.S.:	In cygwin beta 19 and 20 time was no such problem. Simple run 
"chcp.com 20866" at bash-console and you can relax with koi8-r codepage. :-)

-- 
      WBR, Alexander B. Gotlib,
      mailto:[email-masked] / ICQ# 13043204.
-|-                                                                  -|-

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/