Subject: Setup freezes installing from local dir
From: Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 23:22:27 +0100

First I ran Cygwin Setup, chose "Download from Internet" and selected 
"z:\cygwin" as "Local Package Directory". The download ended without an 
error. Then I ran Setup again and chose to "Install from Local 
Directory", again "z:\cygwin" as "Local Package Directory", and Setup 
froze after initiating the the next step titled "Progress".

Since it's not clear what "Local Package Directory" I should use, I ran 
Setup again and this time selected "z:\cygwin\http%3a%2f%2f...", where 
"setup.ini" and "release" are located. Still Setup froze the same way.

I got the same problem over half a year ago, and I gave up that time. I 
did not have this kind of problem back when Setup did not create 
subdirectories like "http%3a%2f%2f...".

What is supposed to be the "Local Package Directory"? The one you 
specified when downloading, or its "http%3a%2f%2f..." subdirectory? It's 
confusing, and I strongly suggest to make Setup state it clearly while 
installing from local dir.

Huijing

-- 
Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
CIP Computer Lab, Faculty of Economics
University of Karlsruhe, Germany
http://www2.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/