Subject: Re: upgrading - apache fails
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Uwe Mayer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 12:10:09 +0100

> I've been upgrading to cygwin 1.3.14-1. After the update the apache
> web server won't start up again. The /var/log/apache/error_log
> contains:
> 
> [Thu Oct 31 22:24:51 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.24 (Cygwin) configured -- resuming normal operations
> [Thu Oct 31 22:24:51 2002] [notice] Accept mutex: pthread (Default: pthread)
> [Thu Oct 31 22:24:51 2002] [alert] Child 736 returned a Fatal error...
> Apache is exiting!
> [Thu Oct 31 22:24:51 2002] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setuid: unable to change to uid: 65535
> 
> when I run "/usr/sbin/apachectl start" as member of Administrator
> apache starts, but installing the same command as a system service
> won't work.
> 
> the file /var/run/httpd.pid looks like bevore:
> 
> -rw-rw-rw-    1 SYSTEM   SYSTEM          5 Oct 31 22:24 httpd.pid
> 
> Any ideas?

have there been any cerious pthread mutex changes in cygwin 1.3.14? I
haven't been following the list very closely.

BTW, I see from one of my development environments, that apache (even
current 1.3.27) has problems with acceppt serialization for cygwin
1.3.12, .13, .14. 

Basically what happens is the following:

httpd starts and serves some pages. When you put the httpds under
heavy load, then seem to "hang" and the port 80 seems not to be
connectable anymore.

This symtom is not for cygwin 1.3.10. So my question: Has there been
any serious change in socket, accept handling from 1.3.10 up to
1.3.14?

Chris, Corinna?!

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/