Subject: Re: Apache doesn't run anymore with 1.3.14
From: "Javier" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:28:34 +0100

"Ralf Habacker" <[email-masked]> escribió en el mensaje
news:015201c27f17$ba113360$0a1c440a@BRAMSCHE...
>
> Search in this mailing list for 'rebase'.
>
> BTW: After you have found the related informations, you are welcome
to write a
> man page.

Well, I'd be more than glad, _if_ I understood the topic ;)

In any case, searching for "rebase" found this post,
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-09/msg00826.html
that gave me a hint where to look!

I did a
less /etc/postinstall/apache-php.sh.done

<<
#!/bin/sh
module=php4
module_dll=libphp4.dll
prefix=/usr
confdir=/etc
libdir=${prefix}/lib/apache
rebase_dlls="${libdir}/${module_dll} ${prefix}/bin/cygbz21.0.dll
${prefix}/bin/cygcrypto.dll ${prefix}/bin/cygintl-1.dll
${prefix}/bin/pq.dll ${prefix}/bin/cygxml2-2.dll
${prefix}/bin/cygz.dll"
cd ${libdir}/new
${prefix}/sbin/apxs -i -a -n ${module} ${module_dll}
${libdir}/new/rebase -d -b 0x68000000 -o 0x10000 ${rebase_dlls}
rm -f ${libdir}/new/${module_dll}
>>
I saw that the "trouble" dll was in the "rebase" section, so taking
the plunge, I did:

/etc/postinstall/apache-php.sh.done

And after some output, I did

public_html> /usr/sbin/apachectl start
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd started

So that was it!! :)

Thanks a lot for the pointers and tips; I wouldn't have been able to
solve it

    Javier

--
----

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/