Subject: Re: cygwin gcc:undefined reference
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Alfred Lam <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:49:37 -0500

Please check out the project web page for links to available information
and ports:  http://cygwin.com/ .  In particular, check out
http://cygwin.com/lists.html and http://cygwin.com/bugs.html .

If you don't see what you need there, then the cygwin mailing list is
the best place to make observations or get questions answered.
Information on the mailing list is available at the project web page.

For your convenience, I've reset the Reply-To: address to point to the
cygwin mailing list.  I've also Cc'ed this reply there.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 12:36:20PM -0800, Alfred Lam wrote:
>Hi Chris
>
>I've tried your suggestion on the cygwin gcc user library question >response from the mailing list of 28 aril 2000, however it's not >working.
>
>My windows pc is win98. The program is that of smart card where I use >ctapi library. I'm trying to produce a .so file so that it can be used >in a jni link which will be used in a java program. I have tried this on >my linux machine 
>
>gcc main.o -L./ -lctapi -o main.so where ctapi is libctapi.a and I tried >the same in cygwin, but I always get undefined reference e.g
>$ g++ --shared main.o -L./ -lctapi -o main.so
>main.o(.text+0x4b):main.c: undefined reference to `CT_init'
>main.o(.text+0x8d):main.c: undefined reference to `CT_close'
>main.o(.text+0x127):main.c: undefined reference to `CT_data'
>main.o(.text+0x1eb):main.c: undefined reference to `CT_data'
>main.o(.text+0x34d):main.c: undefined reference to `CT_data'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
>I have also tried using ctapi.lib instead of libctapi.a, but to no >avail. Did I go wrong somewhere?
>
>Rgds,
>Alfred
>
>

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/