Subject: "cleaning" donwload directories and keeping the current config?
From: "Javier" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 02:47:17 +0100

Hi!

Am a happy user of cygwin for quite some now.
I love the tool, but I'd like to be able to "clean up" my install a
little.
Currently on my downloads dir there are a zillon sub-dirs with the
names "Like" the different mirrors I used on a certain moment to
download / install from the net different apps and versions and
whatnot.

I guess I could manually traverse the dirs and delete the
all-but-most-recent files on each and every one, and then "create" a
single tree and copy the latest version of every file.. and probably
would mess up setup.ini, and what not... but it'd be a PITA. Is there
a (automated, or planned) way to do it?

Also, I'd like to "reinstall" the Cygwin enviroment I have now on
another PC. Is there any "list" of the packages I have installed, so I
can just copy the download dirs over and run setup to have them
install? (sort like .config files, I guess)

Thanks a lot

    Javier Jarava

--
----

Gather 'round like cattle and ye shall be herd.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/