Subject: Re: setup.exe: keep
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: "Michael D. Berger & ""Rosalie A. Clavez" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Oct 2002 08:33:34 +1000

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 03:47, Michael D. Berger & Rosalie A. Clavez
wrote:
> In looking at the list of items I can install, I see that one
> of the options is "keep".  What does this mean?
> I would like to execute this sequence:
> 1 - download a complete new version;
> 2 - backup the complete new version;
> 3 - delete my old version;
> 4 - install the new version.

Interesting thread on this. I'd like to point out that setup.exe is
developed by volunteers. I'm one of them (the maintainer actually :}),
and I consult for a living. Other developers that work on setup may be
willing to contract development as well - it's an open environment.

So, if you have a specific feature you need, and are willing to sponsor,
we can talk about that. Otherwise, they go into the wishlist, and will
be gotten to in 'free time' rather than on commercial grounds.

I'm thinking about how to document confugration management requirements
in terms of setup.exe - and the Redhat master repository comes into this
as well..

Rob
-- 
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.
---