Subject: Re: Apache doesn't run anymore with 1.3.14
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:17:32 +0200

Hallo Christopher,

Am Freitag, 25. Oktober 2002 um 17:32 schriebst du:

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 03:24:19PM +0200, Javier wrote:
>>We-ell... Here I am experiencing problems, of a different sort, too!
>>
>>DEVELO~1> uname -a
>>CYGWIN_NT-5.0 UNO 1.3.14(0.62/3/2) 2002-10-24 10:48 i686 unknown
>>DEVELO~1> /usr/sbin/apachectl start
>>C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\httpd.exe: *** unable to remap
>>C:\cygwin\bin\cygxml2-2.dll to same address as parent(0xB30000) !
>>= 0xB40000
>>/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>>DEVELO~1>

> Just to make it clear, there is no way in the world that I am going to
> be debugging apache problems.

> I know that "I wasn't asking you to do so, cgf" but on the off chance
> that someone thought I was scurrying around trying to fix things, I
> thought I'd just mention it.

:-)  I don't understand why httpd.exe tries to load cygxml2-2.dll
Very strange.
My problems disappeared:
I recompiled Apache and after switching from one cygwin1.dll to
another and back again and trying the new and the old Apache files
everthing works fine again now.  I think my problems were caused by
having two cygwin1.dll's (different versions of course) once again.

But the cygxml2 thingie...?

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/