Subject: Re: console output problem
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:39:40 -0400

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 05:18:34AM -0700, Jim Rainville wrote:
>Hi  -
>
>I'm trying to set up a perl build script that runs every night, builds a
>bunch of code (using gcc) and saves the output to some log files. So I
>redirect stdout and stderr to some files and run the script that builds
>the  load. This runs fine when I run it from the command prompt but when
>I run it from the windows scheduler I get a bunch of errors of the form:
>
>      0 [main] cpp 1001 fhandler_console::de_linearize: error opening
>console after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
>      0 [main] cc1 1002 fhandler_console::de_linearize: error opening
>console after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
>      0 [main] as 1003 fhandler_console::de_linearize: error opening
>console after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
>      0 [main] cpp 1001 fhandler_console::de_linearize: error opening
>console after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
>      0 [main] cc1 1002 fhandler_console::de_linearize: error opening
>console after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
>      0 [main] as 1003 fhandler_console::de_linearize: error opening
>console after exec, errno 13, Win32 error 5
>
>It looks like since the scheduler doesn't have a console associated with
>it the fhandler_console throws an error even though stdout is
>redirected. Has anybody come across this before? Any clues how to fix
>it? 

You're using an old version of cygwin (B20, maybe?).  I suspect that
you'd still have problems with a newer version but please don't expect
much support on older versions of cygwin.  We tend to focus on the
current release here.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions or observations.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/