Subject: Re: Perl 5.8 + cygwin-inst-20021023.tar.bz2 = Smooth Sailing
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:41:42 +0200

Hallo Gary,

>>> In fact, things are so copacetic that I believe this snapshot may
>>> be the next B20.

>> :-)

>> Great.  I already updated the cygwin DLL at my production server and
>> it seems to work well (Apache, Perl & SSHD running there together).

> Sweet.  So will we be seeing 5.8 moved to "curr" status soon?

Hmm, I wanted to wait until db-4 is released. Now that we have a 'final'
version of gcc 3 we can rerelease all the db-packages and with them
also db-4 (I hope we'll get this all out until the end of this year).

>> Though, I compiled the latest develperl and I got a test failure in
>> test ../ext/Socket/socketpair.t which succeeds with the previous
>> release (1.3.12-4).

> DOH!

Let's see if it fails with perl-5.8 too, maybe also a perl problem.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/