Subject: Re: Window immediately disappears
From: "Michael D. Crawford" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 06:01:46 -0400

After I was able to discuss the problem, we decided that something must have 
gone wrong during the installation.  Things worked normally once he got reinstalled.

However, the installer hung the first time he tried to reinstall, and he had to 
kill the process with the windows task manager.  But the second time it worked OK.

I have another question.  My client hasn't a clue about Unix.  He's an 
experienced computer user, and originally learned to program on a PDP-8, so he's 
been around computers for a while.

Is there a good web page somewhere that will tell a newbie how to get around in 
the shell and instruct him on the basic things he might want to do in it?

I wanted him to use cygwin so he could have cmp and od.  I've been able to talk 
him through that much.  But I think he would find it useful to know about bash 
and the basic utility programs as well.

Thanks,

Mike
-- 
Michael D. Crawford
GoingWare Inc. - Expert Software Development and Consulting
http://www.goingware.com/
[email-masked]

      Tilting at Windmills for a Better Tomorrow.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/