Subject: Re: Cygwin/Procmail stops working after setup.exe upgrade
From: Greg Matheson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Thomas Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:19:55 +0800

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Thomas Baker wrote:

> My .fetchmailrc says (using ***** to block out the names

> |     mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T" # pass message to the local MDA

> This last line worked just fine for several months, until the
> latest upgrade.  The command executed is:

> -rwxr-xr-x    1 tbaker   None        61952 Aug 19 16:41 /usr/bin/procmail

The procmail man page says about the -d flag:

       -d recipient ...
            This  turns  on explicit delivery mode, delivery will
            be to the local user  recipient.   This,  of  course,
            only  is  possible  if  procmail has root privileges.

I wonder if the default ntsec setting means he doesn't have the
permissions to run procmail in this mode? 

There is more about the permissions requirements for explicit
delivery mode in the man page. User has to be in /etc/passwd etc.

-- 
Greg Matheson                    If you're not making any mistakes,
Chinmin College                  you must be making some mistake.
                                 
Taiwan Penpals Archive <URL: http://penpals.chinmin.edu.tw/>

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/