Subject: Re: lex yacc looking
From: Roland Schwingel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:41:35 +0200

Hi Nemrut,

I also have seen your recent threads....

1) Please follow the list instructions for posting!
2) Read the faqs!
3) Use the archive!

4) You said you want to port a unix project. So normally nearly all
projects on UNIX use makefiles. When the person who made the
UNIX project observed the rules for making makefiles and also
observed programming rules pretty much should work on cygwin
without any change (but that depends on the quality of your project).
Just make sure to install all packages on cygwin your project relies on
and give make a chance. But *BEFORE* you do this ask the person(s)
who made the UNIX code how he/she/they build the project in the past.
And read the documentation that (hopefully) comes with your project.
You should build it then the same way on cygwin. So please *first* hold
on to them and then if you REALLY have cygwin problems (*NOT*
problems with your project) you can ask the list.

Good luck,

Roland

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/