Subject: 2 issues: serial port comms + user id numbering
From: Jason House <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:36:26 -0400

I have 2 issues.  I've seen both of these posted in the past, but never
any commentary about resolution.  Does anyone know what is going on with
this?

1:
I have a program that used to work for basic serial port I/O and now
seems to no longer work.
I found http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-08/msg00969.html and
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-08/msg00509.html that both discuss
problems with the serial ports in the latest cygwin version.  Has this
been resolved (I have not seen a post about it if it has been)?

2:
I seem to have user id issues.  According to 'id', my uid is 500
(Administrator), items owned by Administrator (according to ls -l) are
actually user id 544 (according to ls -nl).  If I create a new file or
chown to 500, or Administrator, the resulting userid is 23794 (which is
unrecognized by ls -l).  I can chown to 544, which will be recognized as
Administrator (by ls -l).  Now, certain programs, such as fetchmail use
user id's as a double check.  Fetchmail for instance gives the error
"File /home/Administrator/.fetchmailrc must be owned by you.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/