Subject: Re: Is cygwin newlib reentrant??
From: Shankar Unni <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:03:24 -0700

On 10/15/2002 11:41 PM, Anurag Sharma wrote:

> I haven't  had any response to this question. Can someone please tell me
> who the maintainer of the cygwin/newlib package is? 

Well, what the -DREENTRANT_SYSCALLS_PROVIDED does is to compile newlib 
so that guaranteed reentrant versions of certain system calls are 
provided, with a "_r" tacked on to their names. E.g. gmtime() and 
gmtime_r(). localtime() and localtime_r().

And when I run "nm /usr/lib/libc.a | grep _r", I see these entry points. 
So on a wild guess, yes, I'd say that the cygwin newlib has been 
compiled with -DREENTRANT_SYSCALLS_PROVIDED.
--
Shankar.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/