Subject: Re: install xerces-c-src2_1_0 under cygwin
From: "Abraham Backus" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>, "Judy Wang" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:20:40 -0700

1) gcc 3.2 was released this week via setup.exe (i.e. you don't need to do
"Exp" anymore)
2) I'll write up a bug on getting the build instructions updated.  This is a
task that I had meant to get to, but wasn't sure whether to do that first or
get the cygwin package built and deployed.
3) I have an idea of why it isn't linking against libxerces-c2_1_0.dll.  The
most likely scenario is the topic of a bug that I just entered, where the
symlinks created in $XERCESCROOT/lib/ don't work the way they are expected
to under cygwin.  I'm working on a patch for this right now.
4) instead of downloading each .tar.bz2 file from my site and extracting
them manually, you can also try using the "User URL" feature of cygwin
setup.exe and point it to http://abackus.imagineis.com and everything will
be automagically installed in the proper locations if you select
"xerces-c-devel" under the Devel tree in the setup wizard.  Note that you
won't be able to link against this pre-built dll unless you have gcc 3.2.

Thanks!
-Abe

----- Original Message -----
> Hmmm, there is a prerelease of GCC 3 available which you can fetch
> when hitting the 'Exp' radiobutton in setup.exe GUI, there is much
> better C++ support with GCC 3.  The old GCC 2 version is also updated
> to have better C++ support and is called gcc2 now.
>
> Abe, is this also updated for Cygwin?   Is there at least a README.cygwin
> included in the sources?
>
>
> Strange, it should link against libxerces-c2_1_0.dll.
>

> Abe provides also a binary package (until xerces-c will be included in
> the Cygwin netrelease):

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/