Subject: Re: install xerces-c-src2_1_0 under cygwin
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Judy Wang <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Abraham Backus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:00:29 +0200

Hallo Judy,

CC to Abe Backus && cygwin at cygwin.com && xerces-c list,
Please F'up to cygwin && xerces-c lists.

Am Montag, 21. Oktober 2002 um 03:49 schriebst du:

> Here is my steps:

> 1) download the cygwin(gcc 2.95, different mirrors seem have
> different versions) and xercesc-c-src2_1_0 from the website .

Hmmm, there is a prerelease of GCC 3 available which you can fetch
when hitting the 'Exp' radiobutton in setup.exe GUI, there is much
better C++ support with GCC 3.  The old GCC 2 version is also updated
to have better C++ support and is called gcc2 now.

> 2) follow the instruction http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/install.html ,
> using "make  and make install"

Abe, is this also updated for Cygwin?   Is there at least a README.cygwin
included in the sources?

> 3) After building, run SAXCount, error: can't find libxerces-c.dll.
> I search the .dll file, found it's a shortcut of  libxerces-c2_1_0.dll.
> so I just changed the libxerces-c2_1_0.dll to libxerces-c.dll. then
> the samples work well now.

Strange, it should link against libxerces-c2_1_0.dll.

> I'm just not sure if it work well later. I also downloaded the latest
> version of xerces-c2_1_0-linux7.2gcc31. not sure if it works well in
>  my machine.

Abe provides also a binary package (until xerces-c will be included in
the Cygwin netrelease):
> http://abackus.imagineis.com/xerces-c-2.1.0-1.tar.bz2
> http://abackus.imagineis.com/xerces-c-devel-2.1.0-1.tar.bz2
> http://abackus.imagineis.com/xerces-c-2.1.0-1-src.tar.bz2

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/