Subject: Initializing and cygwin.bat
From: CBFalconer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:44:10 -0400

As a new user I wanted to customize cygwin.bat to my system, which
uses 4dos as the shell and only maintains command.com as an
antique.  W98 BTW.

I found that various commands wouldn't work!  The reason was that
command.com was being called in the .pif file.  I simply changed
the .pif to specify "%comspec%" in place of
"c:\windows\command.com".

Is there any reason setup shouldn't do this in the initial
creation?  Since the .pif files are of some peculiar structure I
had to use explorer and the fursluginner mouse to make this
change.

-- 
Chuck F ([email-masked]) ([email-masked])
   Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/