Subject: Re: <crlf> vs <lf> and use of diff
From: CBFalconer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:01:25 -0400

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, CBFalconer wrote:
> 
... snip ...
> >
> > I also thought that I had read somewhere that the cygwin libraries
> > generated <crlf> output lines, but it is obviously not so.
> 
> mount the directory with DJPP makefiles in text mode.  Then the newly
> produced files will have crlf line endings.

I just created the directory and unzipped into there.  Showed up a
couple of glitches in my published work :-).  How do we "mount in
text mode"?

BTW attacking this has shown up a couple of Cygwin glitches.  bash
won't run a MSDOS .com file, even though it is in the path. 
Piping doesn't work to DOS utilities.  Also stdin redirection to
DOS utilities doesn't work - maybe the same bug.  These utilities
detect that stdin is NOT the console, and act accordingly.

-- 
Chuck F ([email-masked]) ([email-masked])
   Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/