Subject: Re: netinet/in.h and solution for `_impure_ptr' problems
From: Soren A <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 05:02:27 +0000 (UTC)

skyper <[email-masked]> wrote around 15 Oct 2002 
news:[email-masked]:

> now to my short question: what happened to netinet/in.h?
> And what happened to cygwin/in.h?
> crypto.c:4: netinet/in.h: No such file or directory

Nothing "happened" to anything. You see, the trouble you are running
into is because you don't understand yet what "-mno-cygwin" is for or
does. 

The limited inclusion of MinGW project pieces (see the MinGW package
description) into Cygwin, which is made available for access on the
level of Cygwin's build-tools (gcc) automation by "-mno-cygwin", is NOT
Cygwin, it is a separate, different build and runtime environment. MinGW
!= Cygwin.  

Why would you expect MinGW to have Cygwin's headers? How could that work if 
MinGW != Cygwin?

Why would MinGW exist if it was identical to Cygwin?

Why would Cygwin exist if it was identical to MinGW?

Asking these questions of yourself will be the first steps towards Cygwin 
Wisdom for you, Grasshopper.

Further questions relating to what MinGW has or does not have are probably 
OT for this ng, I should add. Therefore I recommend considering carefully 
whether you'd want to follow-up this posting with responses that ask about 
MinGW, before you hit the "send" command.

   Best,
    Soren A

-- 
Just say NO to YAHAAPs!
(http://groups.google.com/groups?&selm=
Xns92991EB1F396ngrATT586ID%40204.127.36.1)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/