Subject: Re: paths like //usr/local
From: egor duda <[email-masked]>
To: Sven Kцhler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:42:59 +0400

Hi!

Wednesday, 16 October, 2002 Sven Kцhler [email-masked] wrote:

SK> the sollution that paths like //comp/share are interpreted like an
SK> UNC-path is just not compatible with an application might expect from a 
SK> unix-environment.

Then those applications are making false assumptions. Expecting two
leading slashes to be interpreted like single one is non-portable and
therefore is wrong. Chris has already cited appropriate words from
standard.

Just fix the application. Ain't that simple?

Egor.            mailto:[email-masked] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/