Subject: Re: Viruses being transported with Cygwin messages
From: Soren A <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 04:19:31 +0000 (UTC)

"Schaible, Jörg" <[email-masked]> wrote around 14 Oct 2002
news:[email-masked]: 

> Even more interesting: I have different mail addresses for the Cygwin
> list, depending wether I am at the office or at home. My home address
> is registered by gmane.org and I received that faked email at home! So
> I assume, someone is grabbing addresses from there ... 

This is OT but important enough to mention once at least. You say you
are using Gmane at home. Are you *posting* to this List from Gmane, and
if so are you using 'Archive: encrypt' as a custom header in your
newsreader settings? If not you may be leaving yourself open to spamming
and address harvesting. Pls go to Gmane and read FAQs about how to
practice safe "Gmane'ing". 

  HTH,
   Soren A

-- 
Just say NO to YAHAAPs!
(http://groups.google.com/groups?&selm=
Xns92991EB1F396ngrATT586ID%40204.127.36.1)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/