Subject: Re: terminal-mode cygwin/emacs problem
From: Joe Buehler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:38:00 -0400

Tom Roche wrote:

> and emacs runs! However the display not quite right: when emacs
> starts up, the display is usually shifted either down a line or
> to the right a column from where it should be, with extraneous
> characters showing in either the minibuffer, or the top of the
> display (first line under windows titlebar) or both.

Sound like the wrong setting for TERM.  Try vt100 or ansi
and see how it goes.  What kind of window are you running
emacs in?  A bash window?  A DOS box?

> So I tried installing emacs-X11: it also works, but it shares the
> same display-shifting defect as emacs-nox.

It won't if you run it using X11 mode and an X server.

Joe Buehler

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/