Subject: Re: cygwin/emacs remaps C-h
From: Joe Buehler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:40:41 -0400

Tom Roche wrote:

> that is setup.exe-able from cygwin 1.3.13-1. It was very easy to
> setup, but it has its quirks. One is that C-h is mapped to DEL in
> both X and -nox. Is there any way to restore it to its normal
> help-command role (without also screwing up Backspace and
> Delete)? I.e. make C-h, Backspace, and Delete works in Cygwin the
> way they do in "normal" NT emacs.

For the non-X11 mode, that is standard UNIX behavior, I believe.
There is no way to distinguish between backspace and C-h.

For X11 mode, this is probably an emacs FAQ, so check out the emacs
documentation.

Joe Buehler

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/