Subject: Re: paths like //usr/local
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:00:56 +0200

Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> writes:

> cygwin allows the user to specify paths like: c:\foo\bar and c:/foo/bar.
> Similarly, it allows //foo/bar and \\foo\bar .

> If that doesn't satisfy you then you can go back to the "Because we're mean"
> argument.

I've been hurt by this too, and it makes me think.  It would be even
more satisfactory if some configurable list of 'hosts' would map to
//localhost/.  Hosts with names such as \\bin, \\etc, \\tmp,
\\usr or \\var come to mind.

Now if such a thing could be implemented without some horrible kludge,
would that be nice?

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/