Subject: Re: "Application failed to initialize (0xc0000022)"
From: "Gerald S. Williams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:56:09 -0400

Cross-posting the resolution...

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> It's usually caused by the use of CYGWIN=ntsec and cygwin1.dll not having
> executable permissions, I believe.  It's showed up here from time to time.
> 
> So, doing something like:
> 
> c:\>set CYGWIN=ntsec
> c:\>chmod a+rx /bin/*
> 
> may help.

That did the trick. The DLLs from kde-x-1.3.tar.bz2 extract
into /usr/X11R6/bin without execute permission. When I
rebuilt X11, they got execute permission but a few others
lost it for some reason.

I would have gotten there eventually (I was about to try
disabling ntsec), but this definitely helped.

Thanks,

-Jerry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/