Subject: Re: Problem with cygwin 1.3.13 and ssh
From: Roland Schwingel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:09:01 +0200

Hi....

Thanks for your reply and help... nontsec did help, chmod did not 
(unfortunately)

Roland

    "Max Bowsher" <[email-masked]>
    Sent by: [email-masked]
    14.10.2002 14:50
        
         To: "Roland Schwingel" <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>
         cc:
         Subject: Re: Problem with cygwin 1.3.13 and ssh

Roland Schwingel wrote:
 > Hi...
 >
 > I just updated to 1.3.13 and encountered a problem with permissions
 >
 > When trying to ssh to different machine I get:
 > @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
 > @         WARNING: UNPROTECTED PRIVATE KEY FILE!          @
 > @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
 > Permissions 0644 for '//raid1/Entwicklung/User/roland/.ssh/id_rsa' are
 > too open.
 >
 > Maybe a new bug?

Nope - a side effect of ntsec being on by default. Disable it
(CYGWIN=nontsec), or chmod your file appropriately.

Max.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/