Subject: Re: emacs on cygwin
From: Joe Buehler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:01:41 -0400

Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

>>No. If you want NT Emacs to understand Cygwin paths, get cygwin-mount.el from
>>http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/index.html.

The Cygwin GNU emacs understands //machine/share syntax, but not X:/path syntax.
Normal Cygwin /some/path/to/file syntax is fine also (of course).

>>If you want to run "emacs -nw", say from a remote login shell, you can't. (The
>>error is "emacs: standard input is not a tty".) Instead, use a Cygwin version 
>>of XEmacs, from http://www.xemacs.org/. Using "xemacs -nw" from a remote shell

This works fine for Cygwin GNU emacs.  You want "tty" in the CYGWIN environment
variable value for it to work well.

Joe Buehler

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/