Subject: Problem with cygwin 1.3.13 and ssh
From: Roland Schwingel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:52:51 +0200

Hi...

I just updated to 1.3.13 and encountered a problem with permissions

When trying to ssh to different machine I get:
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@         WARNING: UNPROTECTED PRIVATE KEY FILE!          @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Permissions 0644 for '//raid1/Entwicklung/User/roland/.ssh/id_rsa' are 
too open.
It is recommended that your private key files are NOT accessible by others.
This private key will be ignored.

My homeaccount resides on a Linux box and is shared with Samba.
Showing these (correct permissions) on the linux box
$ ls -al
total 40
drwx------    2 roland   develop      4096 Jul 23 14:02 .
drwxr-xr-t   39 roland   develop      4096 Oct 10 17:48 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop      1161 Jul 23 17:18 authorized_keys
-rw-------    1 roland   develop       668 Jul 23 17:18 id_dsa
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop       604 Jul 23 17:18 id_dsa.pub
-rw-------    1 roland   develop       887 Jul 23 17:18 id_rsa
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop       224 Jul 23 17:18 id_rsa.pub
-rw-------    1 roland   develop       529 Jul 23 17:18 identity
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop       333 Jul 23 17:18 identity.pub
-rwx------    1 roland   develop      3390 Oct 10 17:26 known_hosts

When looked from cygwin I get:
$ ls -alg
total 12
drwxr-xr-x    2 roland   develop        0 Jul 23 14:02 .
drwxr-xr-x   39 roland   develop        0 Oct 10 17:48 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop     1161 Jul 23 17:18 authorized_keys
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop      668 Jul 23 17:18 id_dsa
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop      604 Jul 23 17:18 id_dsa.pub
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop      887 Jul 23 17:18 id_rsa
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop      224 Jul 23 17:18 id_rsa.pub
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop      529 Jul 23 17:18 identity
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop      333 Jul 23 17:18 identity.pub
-rw-r--r--    1 roland   develop     3390 Oct 10 17:26 known_hosts

With cygwin 1.3.12 I get the same few in my .ssh folder (last listing 
above) but
ssh works without pain...

Maybe a new bug?

Roland

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/