Subject: Re: "Application failed to initialize (0xc0000022)"
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerald S. Williams" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:28:55 -0400

Jerry,

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 05:40:25PM -0400, Gerald S. Williams wrote:
> Jason Tishler wrote:
> > Note that *you* are going to have to figure out "everything that
> > needs to be rebased."  Sorry, but I can't really help you determine
> > this because everyone's rebase needs are different.

What I really meant above is that some people don't need to rebase any
files, some people need to rebase some, and some people need to rebase
all.  I have provided rebase tools to help -- now it's up to people to
use them as appropriate for their own particular situation.

> I know where you're coming from, but there must be some way to get
> them all, even if it's overkill.

Yes, one can always use:

    $ find / -name '*.dll' | xargs -n 1 cygpath -wa >rebase.tmp

to find all DLLs, but I hope that you are patient. :,)

> For example, grep all of the DLLs that have ever been installed by
> setup or by hand, list them in the file dlls.lst and do "rebase [some
> options] $(cat dlls.lst)".

The above will work.

> Or is there still a risk of damaging them that way?

My latest rebase will skip files that will be corrupted by rebasing.
So, rebase to your heart's content!

> I think you can get the setup-installed files from /etc/setup, right?

The following can be used to find all setup-installed DLLs:

    $ zcat /etc/setup/*.lst.gz | grep '\.dll$' | sed 's=^=/=' | xargs -n 1 cygpath -wa >rebase.tmp

> Thanks for the pointer. My main problem was that I had somehow gotten
> a version of rebase that took different parameters (it's not the
> Microsoft one--it may have come from the KDE site). The version from
> your site is more like what I expected.

My goal was to make my rebase as similar in usage to the Microsoft one
as possible.

> I'm leaning towards doing the type of thing I mentioned above,
> although I'm not very hopeful that it will solve the problem.

I concur.  I think that Chris's suggestion will most likely solve the
problem.  It certain solved the same (or similar) problem for me in the
past.

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/