Subject: Problem linking a dll that uses symbols defined in executable
From: Andrej Falout <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:38:38 +1300

Hello *,

I have a program (executable), that uses two types of DLL libraries:

1) one that is linked with executable, as -l on gcc command line 
2) several dll's that are loaded from 1) using dlopen()

Problem:

Some dll's of type 2 use functions/variables that are defined in the 
EXECUTABLE.

When I try to link this type of dll's, I get bunch of undefined symbols, as 
expected. What one would do in this case, if referenced symbols where in 
another shared library (dll), is to link against that dll's export library 
(.dll.a) But they are in EXECUTABLE, meaning that I cannot make a export 
library...

Can somebody please point me in right direction?

Much appreciated,

-- 
Yours, Andrej Falout, http://www.falout.com/disclaimer.html
Visit the OpenSource alternative, Aubit 4gl: http://aubit4gl.sourceforge.net
PLEASE NOTE: All HTML email sent to me WILL BE DELETED AUTOMATICALLY WITHOUT 
READING.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/