Subject: Re: readline Bug! ;-) [was: Bash Bug! (was: Bug in rxvt 2.7.2 ...)]
From: Thomas Mellman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:30:46 +0200

WRT <[email-masked]>,

> I have been experiencing similar problems since upgrading to bash
> 2.05b-2 and libreadline5 4.3-1.  My typical problem is that the "c"
> command as in "cw" (i.e., change word) would stop working, but "dw"
> (i.e., delete word) followed by "i" (i.e., insert) was fine.

I think I discovered something interesting about this: I believe it occurs
after one uses a different vi feature that is also broken:

The use of "." to repeat the last operation works intermittenly in CYGWIN
readline, but I believe that if you use it and it doesn't do what it's supposed
to, then the problem with the loss of functionality with the other commands
stops working...

Da - naturally, it could also be that there is an even earlier event that breaks
not only the "." command but the other operations as well....  I don't know if
there's any causation there - but I do believe there's a connection.

-- 
----------------
Thomas Mellman
[email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________________
Tippen Sie mit der cleveren Kombination von Zusammen und Alleine.
Der neue Weg zum Lottoglueck: WEB.DE Spielgemeinschaften!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/