Subject: Re: Gnat for win32 does not search include and library paths
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:10:06 -0400

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 01:04:01PM +0200, Jerry van Dijk wrote:
>Christopher Faylor writes:
>>We do have a buy-out license but I don't see how it applies here.
>
>So I get free licenses

You can use the software for free.  The GPL says that you just have to
provide your customers with source.

>and support for my paying customers ?

Free support?  No.  You'd have to support your own customers or,
otherwise, of course you'd have to pay somebody for support.  If this
is where your concerns about having to pay are coming from, I don't
really understand what you could possibly be expecting.  If you want a
warm body around to answer questions then it is entirely reasonable for
you to compensate said warm body so that they do such things as eat and
pay for electricity so that they can continue to be warm.

>Anyway, this is not the place to repeat business discussions from the
>past.

It is a place to correct misperceptions.  If you claim, in a public
mailing list, that you need to pay for something which is quite free,
then we need to set the record straight if we can.  Think of the
children.

>I prefer looking to the future.  And my main concern now is getting a
>reliable gcc 3.x GNAT (mingw and/or cygwin).

David Billinghurst provided you with a pointer to such a beast.  This
apparently solves half of your problem.  You now have the binaries but
it sounds like you need somebody to support them.  Good luck.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/