Subject: What's a good term setting for rlogin?
From: Charles Krug <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Norman Vine <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:46:11 -0400

List:

I need a good TERM setting.  I'm using rlogin from bash to connect to a
solaris machine.  On those odd occasionions when I can use CDE, I can
resize my terminals and my slang programs work across the full terminal
size.

When I connect from Cygwin-bash, slang programs seem to think I've a
fixed 25-line screen.

The two term settings that work are vt100 and dtterm.  None of the other
combinations of things in /etc/termcap (on the Solaris machine) work at
all.  Of the two which work, dtterm works better.

Is there a set of termcap settings (preferably some I can copy from my
Cygwin files to my home directory on Solaris) which will allow the
remote connection to grok that I've 50 lines here, not 25?

Thank you.

Charles

-- 
Charles Krug, Jr.
Systems Engineer
Pentek Corp
1 Park Way
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/