Subject: updatedb does not list anything within /cygdrive/c/WINNT
From: Jason House <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:25:55 -0400

The subject line pretty much says it all...  Generally speaking, I run
the command: updatedb --localpaths='/cygdrive/c/'
This builds a database for everything inside cygwin as well as the rest
of my hard drive...  unfortunately, it does not list anything inside of
the directory /cygdrive/c/WINNT... I assume that there is some kind of
permissions issue or something, but there is no error message about that
directory.  I noticed the exclusion problem when trying to locate a file
called hosts (aka locate -i hosts | grep -iv ghosts).  I eventually
found what I was looking for:
/cygdrive/c/WINNT/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC/HOSTS, but it was not through the
conveniently rapid locate command :(

Anyone know why this is or how to fix it?
(Please cc me in any reply post to [email-masked])

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/