Subject: Re: Patch to get bc 1.06 to compile under Cygwin with readline library.
From: Shankar Unni <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 13:02:28 -0700

On 10/5/2002 12:52 AM, Soren A wrote:

> I cannot verify the need for or methodology of your patch, yet, but
> thanks for posting. 

The need for it is obvious, if you look at the declaration he patched 
out:  readline() is actually declared (in readline.h) as taking a 
_const_ char * parameter, while the (superfluous) declaration in the 
source had just a "char *" parameter, which is of course an incompatible 
redeclaration.

The patch is correct (or rather, it would be more correct if it simply 
deleted the line).
--
Shankar.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/