Subject: executing perl from command line (cygwin)
From: Smithesh Ramachandran <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:34:30 -0700

Hi Peter,
Like Mark said cygwin perl is a much better option. I use it quite often.

I think you still can execute active perl  or any windows executable on
Cygwin. 

Make sure you are escaping '\' by '/'  on the directory paths. For e.g.,  if
you are trying to execute something on your windows at
C:\Sample\pscp.exe.

Then you will do the following on your cygwin prompt
admin@TMLA_SRAMACHAND ~ C:/\Sample/\pscp.exe

Thanks,
Smithesh.

> -----Original Message----- > From: Peter Desjardins
[<mailto:[email-masked]>] > Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 4:54 PM
> To: [email-masked] > Subject: Executing Perl from the Cygwin command
line > > > Does anyone know how to configure Cygwin to execute Perl code >
from the command line? > > I installed Cygwin on Windows 2000. It works very
well. I > also have ActivePerl installed. It works well too. > > If I type
perl -e 'print "Hello World";' on the Cygwin > command line, the response is
"bash: perl: command not found". > > I've searched the archives and several
sites but can't find a > starting point. Can anyone direct me to some
relevant documentation? > > Thanks. > > Peter Desjardins > The Oak Group >
(781) 943-2259 > [email-masked] > 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/