Subject: Re: Bypassing cygwin's signal handling
From: egor duda <[email-masked]>
To: Allen Leung <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:34:55 +0400

Hi!

Friday, 04 October, 2002 Allen Leung [email-masked] wrote:

AL> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 05:59:06PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>> Cygwin currently does not support SA_SIGINFO signal handling.  It's on the
>> TODO list ( http://cygwin.com//cgi-bin/cygwin-todo.cgi?20020722.130725 ),
>> but I didn't have the time to work on it yet...

AL>    I don't want to modify the cygwin.dll.  Convincing everyone in
AL> the company to install my own hacked up dll is not an option.  

That's why implementing SA_SIGINFO flag in sigaction is the best
solution. If you'll be able to provide such a patch, it'll
certainly be included in official sources, thus benefiting everyone.

I suppose that even implementing setting at least _some_ fields in
siginfo_t structure, and leaving others uninitialized is better than
current situation. So, even if this patch implements only si_addr, i
believe it'll be gratefully accepted.

Egor.            mailto:[email-masked] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/