Subject: Re: inetd + in.ftpd debugging question
From: "Bruce P. Osler" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:09:07 -0400

Well, I'm not sure about this course.  I was actually more
inclined to suspect that there may be something odd with
our device than with cygwin.  Towards this end I figured
I should be able to snoop the innards of the ftpd in order
to figure out who/what's going on.  At this point I'm
suspecting that the previous fetch has somehow left things
in a funky state.  The previous fetch, you see, failed as the
file didn't exits.  When I used an emulator to halt execution
after the failed fetch, then restarted after a long-ish delay
I actually _did_ see the file fetch correctly.  One potentially
interesting thing.  On the earlier fetch, when cygwin reported
that the file couldn't be found, the device responded with
a RST to shut the session down instead of being more polite.
I wonder if cygwin has an issue here where the ftpd requires
some recovery time after this occurs in order for it to operate
correctly.

- Bruce

At 04:10 PM 10/1/2002 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 04:00:24PM -0400, Bruce P. Osler wrote:
> >Can anybody perhaps throw a hint over the fence to me about how I might
> >go about debugging this issue?
>
>How about trying the latest cygwin snapshot at http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ ?
>If it is a problem in cygwin it might be fixed there.
>
>Eventually one of the snapshots will become cygwin 1.3.13.
>
>cgf
>
>--
>Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
>Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/