Subject: Re: enscript broken pipe:
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Aldi Kraja <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 07:30:16 +0200

Hallo Aldi,

Am Montag, 30. September 2002 um 22:27 schriebst du:

> Hi,

> I am trying to use enscript:
> Here is what I get when using it:

> $ enscript -dlj2 -G enscript.cfg
> lpr: can't open 'lj2' for writing
> lpr: The printer name is invalid.

> Broken pipe

> The printer "lj2" is a network printer.
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Aldi

Have you configured the printer as advised in the README
(included since version enscript-1.6.3-3, share in the example
is the name of the printershare):

Print:
        - Charles Wilson explained the usage of lpr.exe:

          Currently, lpr.exe from the cygutils package is not 
          documented (at all), and it expects printer shares 
          to be specified using backslash notation:

          \\computer\share

          of course, since those are backslashes, they have to 
          be escaped:

          \\\\computer\\share

          and what's odd, is that sometimes they must be escaped
          twice

          \\\\\\\\computer\\\\share

          because two shells parse it. 

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/