Subject: Re: Path to dynamic libraries
From: Pierre Habraken <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:57:19 +0200

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question.

The actual problem I am faced to is that I compiled (and tested) a
program (ddd) under Cygwin installed as H:\Cygwin and then distributed
the binaries to students who are supposed to install it on their own
box.

The problem is that the program does not operate as expected on the
students machines, apparently because most of them installed Cygwin as
C:\Cygwin and the program does not find some dll's.

So I am looking for a way to easily "translate" library path's from a
given "compile machine" to "target machines".

Any idea someone ?

Pierre

"Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:
> 
> Pierre schrieb:
> 
> > I installed the full Cygwin distribution but apparently it does not
> > include the command 'ldd'.
> > Is there another command which can be used to get the list of dynamic
> > libraries (and their path) that a given executable depends on ?
> 
> cd bin && cygcheck cygwin1.dll
> 
> > Does it make sense to use the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH with
> > Cygwin ?
> 
> No.  All the DLL's need to be in a directory that is included in your
> PATH environment variable like e.g. /bin.  PATH always needs to be existent.
> 
> Gerrit
> --
> =^..^=

-- 
________________________________________________________________________
Pierre HABRAKEN - mailto:[email-masked]
Tél: 04 76 82 72 83 - Fax: 04 76 82 72 87
IMAG-LSR BP72 38402 SAINT MARTIN D'HERES Cedex
________________________________________________________________________

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/