Subject: Re: Moving cygwin discussions to Usenet? (e.g., alt.os.cygwin)
From: Thomas Mellman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:08:48 +0200

<20020926063518 dot GA1292 at raphael dot oninet dot pt>

>>    The Cygwin list seems to do fine, though a beginners list would be nice.

> I would definitely appreciate a beginner's list, one where we could ask questions like "Hey, I'm not even sure if > this is a Cygwin question or a <specific
> application> question but could anyone help..."

This *is* the beginners list.  The experts list is cygwin-developers.

I'm afraid that the call for a "beginners-list" springs from a desire to get rid
of all the "stupid questions", which is generally defined as
"everybody-else's question but mine".

If we define a still-more-beginner's list, it will be a write-only list.

> The amount of traffic on this list is *very* (see? not shouting) overwhelming, and I for one am a complete Unix > newbie trying to makes sense of a *lot* of
> new information.

Try
    http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-09/     (or http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-10)
It works great for me.

-- 

----------------
Thomas Mellman
[email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________________
Den Komfort von WEB.DE FreeMail nutzen, aber die alten E-Mail-Adressen nicht
aufgeben? Kein Problem: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021128

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/