Subject: cygpath returns garbage if DOS/win2k input environment variable is too long?
From: "Ralf Hauser" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:49:16 +0200

Hi,

The following problem occurred to me:

1) In my win2k, I set (a long) Java CLASSPATH
2) under cygwin I want to convert it (in my .tcshrc) an it fails. If I do it
on the command line, it looks like the following:
rhauser@PCGF590K:~> cygpath --unix "$CLASSPATH"
ô??a?
Admitted, the path is long:
.:/cygdrive/c/data/MyDocRalf/bin/Java/jbuilder/JBuilder7/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/i1
8n.j
ar:/cygdrive/c/data/MyDocRalf/bin/Java/jbuilder/JBuilder7/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/j
aws.
jar;/cygdrive/c/data/MyDocRalf/bin/Java/jbuilder/JBuilder7/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/
rt.j
ar:/cygdrive/c/data/MyDocRalf/bin/Java/jbuilder/JBuilder7/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/s
unrs
asign.jar:/cygdrive/c/data/MyDocRalf/bin/Java/jbuilder/JBuilder7/jdk1.3.1/li
b/dt
.jar:/cygdrive/c/data/MyDocRalf/bin/Java/jbuilder/JBuilder7/jdk1.3.1/lib/htm
lcon
verter.jar:/cygdrive/c/data/MyDocRalf/bin/Java/jbuilder/JBuilder7/jdk1.3.1/l
ib/t
ools.jar

My questions:
1) is there a way to see an error-message from cygpath (a log file or some
way to see stderr if there is any of that)?
2) I did a work-around with assembling the path again in my .tcshrc. This is
not convenient. Any better ideas...?

Many thx in advance and rgds Ralf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/