Subject: Re: 2.5.5-1 rsync hangs
From: Don Dwiggins <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 23 Sep 2002 13:42:55 -0700

Sudheer Tumuluru writes:
>     I am having the same problem with rsync 2.5.5-1. I am trying to rsync
> a couple of short text files between a linux server and Win2k Professional
> boxes with cygwin. About 20% of the time, rsync freezes at the end of the
> transfer, and I can't kill the rsync process in cygwin even if I give it a
> 9 (SIGTERM) signal. This happens mostly on dual-processor machines but it
> did happen once on the single proc machine as well.

>      I rummaged through the mailing list and saw messages as old as Nov.
> 2001 (version 2.4.x) but did not find any announcement about a fix. Is
> this a known bug in 2.5.5-1, and if so, is there a fix. I can provide
> additional debugging info. if needed.

I've been using rsync for some time now (in "local" mode) on a Win2K box.  I
haven't been paying close attention, but I think it worked fine for a while,
then I started to get the same kinds of hangup.  If someone can offer advice
on how to set debugging options, I can also produce some evidence.  (BTW,
I'm running "version 2.5.5  protocol version 26".)

Thanks in advance for any good words,
-- 

Don Dwiggins                     "The truth will make you free,
[email-masked]         but first it will make you miserable"
                                  -- Tom DeMarco

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/