Subject: Re: Trouble w/ autoheader -> autom4te error
From: Soren A <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:50:49 +0000 (UTC)

Nicholas Wourms <[email-masked]> wrote in 
news:[email-masked]:

>>   autoheader: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
>>   at /usr/autotool/devel/bin/autoheader line 163
>> 
>> Any ideas about what's wrong here?
>> 
> 
> I already reported this prior to Chuck's extended vacation.  He
> thinks it might be a bug in Autom4te and said he'd look into it once
> he returns (prolly looking like the end of October now).

Thanks, Nicholas! Yeah, I know about Chuck's vacation. WRT Autotools, my
understanding is that Corinna is splitting maintainership for the whole
of it with him, with Chuck authoring the wrapper scripts and she
officially looking after the tools like autoconf itself. If that hasn't
been superceded by a different arrangement. Maybe Corinna will have a
chance to look into this? 

I was told over at the autoconf List that I should be using 2.54 because
2.53 'is an early alpha release'. I wonder if there are users on List
here who might have been using a Autoconf-2.54 they've built themselves
from GNU mainline source? 

The package who's build configuration I am mucking about with is GNU
make-3.80rc2, btw. 

  Best,
     Soren A

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/