Subject: Problem building CVS version of binutils
From: "Vince Mounts" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:20:51 -0400

Hmm,
I take no one has any idea of what this might be?  Or is this a known issue
with no know work around?

The other thing I considered is maybe no response since it is in the FAQ?

But its not my source so I wouldn't be able to "add an empty main()" to it.
Besides it already has a main(). and cygwin is the last on the link command
so that covers that part of the faq.

Anyway. thought I would try again. Thanks for any feedback at all.

Hi,

I received an error during the link stage of building the CVS version of
binutils.
Here is my setup:

Fresh install of all the latest packages....
gcc 3.2-1
gcc-mingw 3.2-20020817-1
gcc2 2.95.3-10
binutils 20020706-2

libintl 0.10.38-3

Here is my error:

gcc -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g -O2 -o cxxfilt.exe
cplus-dem.o underscore.o  ../libiberty/libiberty.a ./../intl/libintl.a
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/../../../libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.text+0
x81): undefined reference to `_WinMain@16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [cxxfilt.exe] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/f/dev/binutils/build/binutils'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/f/dev/binutils/build/binutils'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/f/dev/binutils/build/binutils'
make: *** [all-binutils] Error 2

I saw on the list archive where someone recently had the same message with
3.1 version of g77 i think it was.
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg00896.html

Anyway. I must admit I had a little trouble figuring out what the problem
ended up being or even it would apply to my situation(I don;t think it did).
Anyway just in case... it seemed like you guys were talking about some file
getting clobbered by one or the other of the installs so just in case I
tried it both ways after this first failure (i.e. un-install re-install
gcc-2 and then when that failed un-install reinstall gcc3.2).
It failed in all cases with the same message so I am turning here in hopes
someone can help me out....

Vince

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/