Subject: command to open Windows Explorer window "here"?
From: Doug Landauer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:01:51 -0700

[This followup was posted to gmane.os.cygwin and a copy was sent to the 
cited author.]

Does cygwin include a command-line command that would open a 
WindowsExplorer window pointing at the current directory?

Mac OS X has a command in Terminal called "open" that will decide which 
application is the "right" one to use for just about any argument you 
give it.  When you say "open ." in Terminal, it will open a Finder 
window looking at that directory (".", i.e., the current directory).  So 
I'm wondering whether cygwin on Windows has a similar function just to 
that subset of what Mac OS X's "open" can do.

  Thanks in advance,
  Doug L.
  [email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/