Subject: Re: Setup window size: a suggestion
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Don Dwiggins <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 11 Sep 2002 01:24:27 +1000

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 01:02, Don Dwiggins wrote:
> I'm not familiar with the code and issues surrounding setup, but I just had
> a thought:
> 
> It may be overkill for the problem, but how about using wxWindows for the
> setup GUI (http://www.wxwindows.org/)?  It has layout managers to handle
> resizing, and there are tools available to help design the windows (although
> I've found in using wxPython that it's pretty easy, using the managers, to
> compose a window from a pencil sketch.  In fact, one could prototype the
> application in wxPython, then do the final coding in C++ to eliminate the
> Python dependency.)

WxWindows is waaay to heavy for setup. If I was interested in using a
different toolkit to win32, it'd be fltk (for setup, not as a general
rule).

Thanks for the thought though.

Rob