Subject: dll versus so
From: Ignasi Villagrasa <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:27:57 +0000

Hi everyone,

I'm migrating a dll file from Windows operative system (cygwin compiled) 
to Linux RH 7.2 (GCC).
I implemented the corresponding makefile to get the .so file working 
properly. After some time testing it and solving some problems, I got 
the library running. But I detect a problem now I'm not able to solve.

I call A.so from an executable B. B and A.so have several routines 
duplicated. Obviously, the reason for having them is differnet compiler 
options for B  and A.so. So, if I have the routine C duplicated in A.so 
and B, the internal code is different for C in A.so and C in B. Under 
Cygwin I don't have any problem because the executable and the dll file 
use their own routines, but in Linux C routine in B is always mapped 
everywhere in the program. So, when calling C from A.so the program 
calls C from B and I have an undesirable behaviour.

Is it possible to adapt the compiler/linker behaviour to match the 
Windows compilation ?

How can it be done ?

Any compiler/linker option ?

Thanks in advance. Ignasi Villagrasa.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/