Subject: gcc3.2 vs gcc2.95 - devolution never stops
From: "Hans Horn" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:17:47 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

List,

I just upgraded my old cygwin inst from february (1.3.10) to the latest
(1.3.12.?) and am utterly displeased with what was done to gcc and the libs
that come with it.

none of my code compiles any more (due to missing ostream::form(), R.I.P.).

reverting back to the "old" compiler (using gcc-2 instead of gcc), however,
doesn't link because refs to ostream::endl, ostream::operator<<, and such
are undefined.

Please tell me that I am doing something terribly stupid!

Hans

p.s. taking away ostream::form() w/o replacement almost feels like a stunt
Micro$oft would have done to its developers

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/